Podcasting has grown a lot in the last few years. When a friend and I started our own podcast a couple of months ago, we didn’t know where to start or how to create something that fit our style. With this video tutorial, in which we develop the first steps of podcasting for beginners, I want to give you some advice, from beginner to beginner, hoping that it makes things crystal-clear for you.
Easy steps to follow:
- Define the personality of your project. Come up with a unique name that represents your podcast. Also, get creative and try to do your own cover art!
- Recording software: Voice app on your phone
- Editing: Adobe Audition.
- Music: Audio Library on Youtube.
- Distribution and Analytics: Anchor
- Promotion: Instagram. An authentic way of promoting your podcast are audiograms.
These are some videos that can help you to have a further and more technical understanding on podcasting:
How to Start a Podcast 2020: Podcasting for Beginners by B&H Photo Video.
How To Start a Podcast in 2020: distributing, recording remotely, guests, literally everything!! by Natalie Barbu.
The Easiest Way to Start a Podcast in 2020 | iPad Pro Workflow Tutorial + RODE NT-USB Mini by Patrick Tomasso
Conclusion: Podcasting for beginners
Now that you know where to begin, what are you waiting for? Don’t forget to keep it natural and authentic. Your essence is what makes you different from the rest, so use it.
Make sure you share your podcast with us, we’ll love to listen to it!