Blockchain y redes sociales

Inicio Foros Communitools y su Comunidad Blockchain y redes sociales

Viendo 15 entradas - de la 31 a la 45 (de un total de 103)
  • Autor
    Entradas

Like María Legorburu said in her first post, I agree that blockchain will help to decentralize social media platforms and therefore give us more freedom. However, as I said in one of my previous replies, I do support the idea of the “millions of eyes watching us” being kind of a regulation system. Even if the idea is a bit utopic, I think blockchain will help eradicate criminal activity in social media.

Paula Sastre Ibáñez
    Participante

Blockchain, the actual world can be formulated in two parts, ‘block’ that is digital information, and ‘chain’ which refers to a public database. So blockchain is the storage of digital information in public databases. Each block of information is different having a unique code called hash. But how can blockchain impact social media?

Nowadays there are Blockchain social media which are platforms that use this technology. Traditional social media are centralized, but these new ones are decentralized. This means that blockchain social media have an end-to-end encryption for each interaction producing a more private and secure platform for the users. As most of my classmates have mentioned, this new technology is going to change some of the perspectives of fields as advertising or social media in a sense of avoiding censorship and fake news or increasing the secure and privacy of our information. However, I believe blockchain can do so much more, data has become on the main tools of business in the 21st century and centralized social media profiles are the main source of personal information. Platforms as Instagram or Facebook use their user’s data to enable targeted advertising for their customers.

Blockchain has the ability to change these kinds of problems, and at the same time building a new society based on a fair and objective technology. That is why there are new Blockchain social networks as Steemit, which is one of the most popular ones and is similar to Facebook. This platform is though for content creators that want to have a monetary reward for their content, and it has already made millions of dollars. These new social media are a sign of how some of the biggest problems of our digital environment could be solve, from having more privacy to incrementing our freedom of expression.

Paula Sastre Ibáñez
    Participante

Alba Pastor has also made a really good point, that I did not mentioned, about targeting. I completely agree with the fact that objective technology like blockchain will benefit the targeting factor of journalism proving better chances to personalized the news making them more amusing for the audience. As she has mentioned in her example at the end of her contribution, I would prefer to receive information about topics that I am interesting on and that I can enjoy rather that all the information that enterprises and political parties want us to read.

María Rincón
    Participante

Blockchain is said to become an extremely disruptive technology in the following years, and, as a matter of fact, it is already making a difference in areas such as e-commerce. When applying this technology to social media, many advantages arise:

No central authority: decentralized platforms allow users to hold larger control over their data, which leads to a more private and free environment in which people’s interactions and private messages will no longer be accessible to those in charge.

As aforementioned, users control their data. They have the power to choose what to share according to what they want others to see and know about them.
    Since there is no single “moderator” controlling these social media platforms, users will be able to share their thoughts without the fear of being censored because of their opinion.

Anything built on the blockchain is transparent, therefore, everyone will be accountable for their actions.

All content will be valuable, and creators will earn what they deserve for their work. Plus, rewards can also benefit users not only when posting content but also when interacting with others.

Although Blockchain social media seems to be a highly appropriate alternative to what we have now, some aspects of it do not convince me. Firstly, if we get rid of censorship and control over what people do on these platforms, there are more opportunities for criminal activities. Then, the whole purpose of ensuring freedom, respect, and privacy becomes pointless. That is why I think that regulations are a must in this kind of platforms, and that it is idyllic to assume that every user will behave decently if there are not any limits.

Secondly, content creators would benefit accordingly to what they create, and they will have platforms that help them to grow and spread their content. But, will posting any content be rewarded or only posting quality content? And if these social media gives quality content more credit, how does the platform measure quality? Based on how many people interact with that content? Maybe users interact with it because it is a selfie from a celebrity and not a stunning photo of a freelance photographer who is trying to grow their business. I personally think both are valuable since they are different types of entertaining audiences but, there will always be people who get more attention -hence interaction- than others simply because it is impossible to keep up with every single user’s content. So, if we base rewards on that, there will never be such equality as blockchain social media promises. On the other hand, these platforms will serve as a window for content creators, instead of what, for instance, the Instagram algorithm is doing nowadays.

Finally, I consider that blockchain social media could worse customer experience in some ways since fewer data from users equals fewer opportunities for personalization.

María Legorburu
    Participante

I agree with what my colleagues have said about how blockchain will affect journalism, advertising, and audiovisual communication. In advertising, it will be much more effective and personalized. There will be no intermediaries to hinder the movement so customers can interact directly with advertisers. I also believe that people will gain confidence since they will have a more direct link with advertising.
    In journalism, the issue of fake news will be more controlled, and there will be more reliable sources of information. There will be a database that verifies the information.
    Last but not least, audiovisual communication. I believe that in this field, there will be more freedom of expression, and at the same time, it will not only safely facilitate the distribution of content, but it will also be more difficult to pirate that content.

Alex
    Participante

La tecnología Blockchain ha llegado para quedarse, fue inventada por Satoshi Nakamoto aunque se desconoce si el nombre hace referencia a una persona o a un grupo de personas.

Esta tecnología innovadora, dispone de una base de datos totalmente descentralizada, es decir, no pertenece a ningún tipo de gobierno ni de entidad ya que la información con la que trabaja es pública y encriptada en una secuencia lineal, de tal forma en la que una vez subida la información, es imposible manipularla ya que se rompería esa continuidad.

Esta tecnología se aplica principalmente al mundo de las criptomonedas y a las transacciones de estas, ya que, la creación de las criptomonedas fue una causa directa de la invención de la tecnología Blockchain (un uso puede ser el de evitar los dobles pagos, es decir, pagar con criptomonedas dos cosas a la vez, pero al ser una tecnología linear es imposible)

Cuando esta tecnología se establezca en otros campos como Redes sociales, periodismo, publicidad… Supondrá un paso de gigantes en la ciberseguridad, ya que ofrecería un nivel de seguridad inimaginable comparando con la seguridad actual que tienen.
    Por ejemplo, en las redes sociales, se podrían banear al momento las cuentas falsas, de estafa o bots entre otras, ya que se comprobaría la veracidad de esa información al momento. Otro avance sería el de evitar los dobles pagos dentro de la aplicación, como ya he explicado anteriormente.

Respecto al periodismo y la comunicación audiovisual, esta tecnología podría implementar la seguridad respecto a las “fake news”. Quizá con los artículos escritos no será tarea fácil identificarlos, pero con el contenido audiovisual manipulado, ya sea con inteligencia artificial u otros medios, sería identificado y retirado inmediatamente

Adriana Barreda
    Participante

If Blockchain is described as having thousands and thousands of eyes always looking, this will be a huge improvement in security and safety of the web. Therefore, we can say that this will impact in a very positive way all social media networks that we know today, and the once that will be created in the future. The validation and verification of identities online, will help not only users, but business users as well, in order to reach out customers with verified accounts, without having to carry out social media campaigns based on dishonest or fake PPC and impressions. In other words, the trust and transparency in social media marketing will increase, together with the improvement of its practices.

Adriana Barreda
    Participante

This new revolutionary technology will provide company pages that are built in social media websites to be secured, denying any access from outside threats and invaders. This means that privacy in such public platforms will be assured in a much higher percentage than it is now. Blockchain will, as well, provide companies new networking opportunities and strategies that will help them to keep growing and increase its reach by users. This could be a game-changing technology for companies who use these platforms to influence their consumers.

Adriana Barreda
    Participante

When it comes to journalism, blockchain will not only help in influencing the customers in social media networks, but it will also help in combating the fake news. So modifying and manipulating information won’t be an issue to worry about.
    In audiovisual it can bust the views and the visibility of your content.

Mariana Moreno-Lago
    Participante

I agree with all of my colleagues and their different points of view. Blockchain towards digital communication in general provides security and transparency.It is a technology where all kind of activity is recorded and where information cannot be manipulated.Then when using it, users will have more confidence because there will be no fraud of any kind. The fact that it is decentralized is a very positive point, for example if someone wants to make a transaction to create an ad anywhere, doing it through blockchain will always be very safe as information is stored in many different places. It is a very secure network. I completely agree with Luis Sánchez opinion, as he mentions that it will avoid fraud on advertisement and that is very important as we are all constantly consuming advertising even without knowing we are, specially on social media.

Alba Pastor
    Participante

I would like to make reference to what my colleague Carmen Arranz said. She has talked about freedom and decentralization but from my point of view, everything is going to be kind of ´monitorized´and for me that is not a synonim of freedom, as we are going to be much more observed in order to set up clear privacy , segmentation and targeting adapted to the different contexts.

Sofia Tortosa Bernal
    Participante

En el ámbito del periodismo es cierto que a través de Blockchain, se podría buscar una verdad “absoluta”, es decir, que el contenido estuviese previamente verificado y contrastado antes de que sea consumido por los usuarios.
    De esta manera, se daría punto final a la desinformación que tantos problemas arrastra en la sociedad actual. Estaríamos ante un publico informado, que podría consumir información en diferentes medios, con diferentes enfoques, pero de fuentes fiables con el objetivo de que la información no crease confusión y aunque, en algunos temas es complicado, contase con un cierto porcentaje de objetividad.
    También es cierto, que quizás, este “control” de la información, puede tener un aspecto negativo, pues puede supone una perdida de liberta o de expresión, pues cuando algo fuese diferente o tuviese otro punto de vista podría ser eliminado. Por ello, necesitaría un estudio previo.

Sofia Tortosa Bernal
    Participante

Creo que Blockchain tendría que enfocar, quizás, su uso a las RRSS pues en un periódico es más difícil, aunque no imposible, que la información sea falsa o errónea. Sin embargo, en las RRSS, es muy sencillo que la información se manipule o malinterprete y que en muchos casos sea falsa o confusa.
    Es muy fácil crear un rumor o una información en pocos segundos y que tenga gran repercusión en algunos casos llegando a crear falsas alarmas y la toma de decisiones errónea.
    También la información puede ser ofensiva para ciertas personas y puede hacer daño o ser muy violenta, en estos casos también hay que pasar un filtro para evitar situaciones desagradables, hay determinados usuarios que inventan información con un fin poco moral, y eso también tiene que ser controlado. Por lo tanto, desde ese punto de vista Blockchain sería una gran solución.

Lara Álvarez
    Participante

In the near future, if all social networks begin using blockchain technology, these could be some of the changes we see:

1. Control over false information (fake news, misleading headlines, fake profiles): This would mean (1) a huge gain for journalism, as fake news have increasingly become more common with the growth of social media and the digital landscape, and (2) a safer place for social media, as catfishing and deception through fake profiles would be impossible.

2. Ownership over our own data: Users wouldn’t have to agree to give up all of their data in order to use social media, but instead, could share the data they want with the networks or brands they want to. A more democratic approach to data access.

3. Possibility for users to be rewarded for creating quality content: This is related to what Paula Carrillo mentioned. Advertisers could use a reward system through which both users and brands contribute. Brands get visibility and honest feedback and in exchange users earn points or discounts on the brands they like and support.

4. Possibility of purchasing through social media with cryptocurrencies: As many brands already sell through ads in social media, this could mean the merger of cryptocurrencies with social media to make purchases through a safer and faster system.

Teresa Sanz-Gadea
    Participante

El blockchain puede cambiar el ecosistema de las redes sociales de manera que aporta mucha más seguridad y privacidad. Como se explicaba, cada vez que se realiza un cambio en Blockchain, hay muchos testigos vigilando, por lo que de esta manera, se podrían evitar todos los contenidos falsos. Desde los perfiles falsos hasta cualquier tipo de información o producto. También se podría evitar que tu cuenta pueda ser hackeada. Los usuarios pueden controlar sus datos.

Viendo 15 entradas - de la 31 a la 45 (de un total de 103)
  • Debes estar registrado para responder a este debate.

Uso de cookies

Este sitio web usa cookies. Si continúa navegando está dando su consentimiento para aceptarlas y la aceptación de nuestra política de cookies, pinche el enlace para mayor información.plugin cookies

ACEPTAR
Aviso de cookies
Ir a la barra de herramientas